Sunday 6 April 2014

Liberty of London

The first few months of my new job have been an eye opener and since I have been learning so much in such a short space of time, it is easy to forget to take time out and explore in my spare time. I've noticed a lot lately that being so consumed in your work is great for furthering your understanding but it's so important to take the time to just do nothing which is why took a little trip over the weekend to visit my friend Emily in London.

Emily works as a senior designer at the very prestigious Derek Rose (http://www.derek-rose.com/), who amongst other things are famed for their beautifully designed silk pyjamas (as seen on Benedict Cumberbatch in the Sherlock Holmes series!). Being another designer within fashion retail, I know that Emily understands why I was desperate to explore Liberty of London for a bit of inspiration. If you have never been to to Liberty's it is definitely worth a look. The building itself dates back to the 1920's and was built during the Tudor revival, parts of it's reconstruction incorporated timber taken from two ships - which gives Liberty's interior a grand feel.

Aside from it's famous architecture, Liberty's is famed for it's classic prints which were an absolute joy to look at.












No comments:

Post a Comment